We are looking to hire a Compliance Officer at Piggyvest to ensure that our operations and business transactions follow all relevant legal and internal rules and provide compliance advice.
The primary responsibilities of this role include supporting the compliance team in reviewing and developing policies, responding to policy violations and managing corporate ethics.
The ideal candidate will be professional, highly analytical and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. To be a perfect fit for this role, you should be adept in risk management, compliance, ethics and internal programs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the rules and regulations governing each market in which we operate, including monitoring changes in regulatory developments.
- Manage the identification, communication and tracking of regulatory changes and analyze the impact of such changes.
- Conduct the Regulator’s required annual review of the company’s AML / CFT, code of ethics policies and compliance manuals & procedures.
- Prepare concise and clear reports on the level of risk and control effectiveness to key stakeholders regularly.
- Assess product, compliance or operational risks and develop risk management strategies
- Work with Risk & Compliance representatives to identify all related compliance requirements applicable to the business.
- Facilitate the creation and modification of all Risk, Governance and Compliance and Standard Frameworks
- Review and test Piggyvest risk and compliance programs and processes, identify gaps and take ownership of resolution.
- Complete KYC/CDD reviews for clients and counterparties
- Review and rendition of all regulatory returns
- Create, implement, and maintain a training and awareness program that educates all employees on relevant compliance and risk requirements.
- Develop and direct effective transaction monitoring processes and solutions to identify suspicious transactions and activities.
- Create a regulatory change management process that identifies and coordinates the modification of business processes and/or compliance controls to comply with applicable regulations
- Thorough understanding of Piggytech’s business, operations and products including the industry and the markets within which it operates.
- Ability to use independent judgment and manage confidential information.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop institutional policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, principles and methods of strategic business planning and reporting.
- Ability to interpret and advise on the application of various laws and regulations
- Knowledge of accounting, audit and compliance laws
- Understanding of compliance systems and controls.
- B.sc degree (preferably in Finance or Law)
- Master’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience required
- Work experience in risk management is an added advantage
- SEC sponsored individual
- Competitive Salary and statutory payments
- Medical Coverage
- Cost of living allowance
PiggyVest is an equal opportunity employer (EoE) and prohibits discrimination. We are committed to providing employees with a progressive and open-minded work environment. Our workplace is diverse, and we model this after our culture of openness and collaboration.